MaryEleanor's "cocktail" yesterday evening had a little extra punch to it. No, I didn't do it! Whatever it was made ME a bit groggy today. After two weeks of receiving a warm, morning greeting, she stonewalled me. This simple ritual, denied, put me into a "mood".
The upside of the day was her tolerance of the valve on her trach. It was in place all day, no issues. The awesome therapists she has working with her persisted with their work, despite ME's reluctance to fully wake up. Catch this, I actually directed the actions this evening to give her the carnival ride back to bed. Not that they were not up to the task but I could tell they appreciated my input. Judi could attest to this.
All in all, the best way to describe today was "it was another day at the office". Not a bad day at all. The staff at Regional continue to be amazed at what we all do best, support ME's recovery. We are all pretty cool people, fighting to achieve a common goal, what a novel approach!
Before I sign off, I have to let you know that the east coast, beyond my family in Rhode Island, has dialed in big time to this fight. From Florida up through Virginia and points north, the mojo in flowing. Bring it on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Keyboarding is not one of my strengths. Ask anyone in my office. Four fingered Dave, doing his thing. I meant to say that the mojo IS flowing. I need a better editor.
Dave, misspells and all, I'm so appreciative of the effort you are making to keep us all updated. I have received several calls early on from several financial people in the Yak Valley asking about ME's condition, and being able to encourage them to go to the website is a blessing! We'll continue to pray for ME.
Patti @ LD
Post a Comment