US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hold Your Head High

Why is it that MaryEleanor always inspires the title to the blog with music? Why is it that the music she chooses for me always show our age? The band was Argent and in 1972, they flashed in the pan with this hit.

Andrea and I lifted ME out of bed and into her chair, bright and early. As I futzed with all of the equipment, making sure we did it right, Andrea began working with ME's neck muscles. We gently asked ME to hold her head up and by golly, she did for a good fifteen minutes. Rhonda and Mike Taylor stopped by for a quick visit and also enjoyed this big step. ME was all about working this morning. She washed her face with some assistance and really enjoyed brushing her teeth. Andrea could not get her to stop!

Left alone with a couple of friends, we spun ME around to take full advantage of the glorious morning. She soaked it all in. After a bit, ME let me know it was time to move. Once we had her settled in, I said goodbye for a while.

When I returned in the afternoon, there was a real party going on. Alexander and Elizabeth were there, returning to Seattle from Walla Walla. Judi was there and then Tana came in with the idea to shampoo ME's hair. That was fun! By then Paul showed up so with about fifty people in her room, ME enjoyed a great head massage.

Soon it was just Paul and I together with ME/Mom. I let Paul chat with her until he needed to head back to Bham. Then, it was just the two of us. MaryEleanor settled in for a little nap and I ticked off a few more pages of a book my Mom gave me.

Everyday is a great day. The only difference is that each one has a new and cool twist. ME always insisted we hold hands when we would go for a walk, now I know why.

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Every day it gets better to hear how ME is doing. She is obviously very happy to have her family and friends - and what friends they are! - around her. Dave, you rock.

Mil's said...

Well guess what song is on the radio right now? Yup, I listen to the oldies station all the time--"Hold your head up, whoa... Hold your head up..." has new meaning since you wrote this blog. Thanks for all your descriptive writing Dave. It must be all those books you read! Polly