MaryEleanor was well rested after a "day off". You know I had a better day when she greeted me appropriately. In earlier entries, I have mentioned Shaela, ME's Occupational Therapist. She has been a positive influence for both ME and I. Well, I do believe I have been totally butchering the spelling of her name. I will need to pay more attention to her ID tomorrow morning. Regardless of the spelling, she's been great.
Reports from various people throughout the day confirmed that ME was a lot more participatory in each of her three therapy sessions. Hurray for ME!
Upon my return late this afternoon, she was comfortably sitting in her chair. I spun her around so she could enjoy the view out the window and at all of her flowers. Mary Miller, another awesome tennis bud, came to visit. She took the opportunity to look through Caitlin and Dayton's wedding pictures with ME. ME soaked it all in, staring intently at each picture.
I have given myself a new title. I am now "king of the hoyer lift". With a little assistance from staff, I successfully and safely got ME back into bed. We did our pillow thing and MaryEleanor was just beginning to nod off when Marj Henderson waltzed in to say hi. ME was all eyes and ears for our conversation. With another satisfying "smack", I said goodnight to my bride and left her with Mary.
Tomorrow morning is going to be really cool. Andrea Altmayer, a dear friend of ours since moving to Yakima, will meet me tomorrow morning in ME's room. The purpose of her visit is to allow Andrea the opportunity to see what happens during our session with Occupational Therapy. Why, you might ask, is this happening? Andrea is an OT by training and is volunteering her time to come in and work with ME on weekends, when the staff is not around. This way we can maintain the regimen and continue on the road to recovery.
Not to brag too much about all of you but........one of the Physical Therapists mentioned this afternoon that whenever they have a mulitple discipline meeting, and they had one today, ME's case is always brought to the forefront. Why? Because they are learning from us.
Two additional things have me excited about tomorrow. Family will be back for a visit. This means that 1) you may not see a post tomorrow night and 2) this could be the last post I have to make with this pc. What a boat anchor!
KTF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment