US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Two out of Three of ME's Favorite Men!

Paul and I crashed MaryEleanor's room early this morning. What a wake up! What a smile! What a wonder! Mary Miller was there also so ME's room was full of conversation for hours. Mary was nice enough to work on ME's nails, one of the tasks that I will never master. She also went about cleaning up the environment. Unfortunately a few of ME's flowers needed to say goodbye. I am sure new ones will arrive to keep the brightness of her room maximized.

ME was fitted with a new trach last night. This new device allows us to actually "put a cork in it", which we did this morning. ME didn't miss a beat and breathed easy. I broke out the coffee beans and gave her a good sniff. With her ability to breath naturally, we are tracking to remove the trach on Monday. One less hole to worry about.

Mid morning the nurses showed up to do their routine so we took a quick break to get a coffee. I asked ME if she would like a Big Train and she lit up! Eyes wide open and even a little eyebrow expression. We all, including ME, had a good laugh about that. Hmmm, note to self, get a Big Train and give her a taste.

The rest of her day was spent sitting periodically in her chair, looking outside and at her flowers, napping and enjoying two out of three of her favorite guys. I hope the third guy was enjoying a great day with Caitlin.

It's been nice to have an extra heartbeat around the house for a couple of days. Paul shared a lot of new information with his Mom, school stuff, apartment stuff and personal stuff. Watching ME watch Paul was awe inspiring. It's either the voice or the beard, she just stared.

It was another beautiful day in the Valley.

3 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Dave,

You and Paul rock. I love your blogs and am so looking forward to seeing ME awake and alert. Love, MA

Merri said...

I bet ME was thrilled to have Paul there. Listening to what has been going on in his life had to be very exciting. The love you both have for you children shows immensely, as does the love for each other. Keep smiling! :)

Kristi said...

I had the privilege this morning to see M.E. sitting up in her chair. She smiled at me and it just melted my heart. I am so happy to see her progressing so well. Plus to witness the love affair between M.E. and Dave is awe inspiring. They are both so blessed to have each other. Also want M.E. to know that her LeMaster & Daniels family love and support her and can't wait for her to come back.