It was good to catch up on M.E.'s progress after we were gone for a few days. Tonight when Judi and I were there, we were talking like three girlfriends and I made a rather....crass statement and M.E. clearly chuckled. That was great to see.
Marj Henderson filled us in on the plan for the next week and beyond. As Dave stated, having support folks signing up to come during the day for the three therapy sessions is great (as well as after 4pm and on the weekends). The helpful efforts as the therapists work with her are pretty simple (maybe just supporting her head). Besides the Physical and Occupational Therapy, a main focus is seeing progress toward diminishing the need for airway support. Improvement in these areas is going to get her to the next best place (facility) in her recovery.
I don't know if any of you have struggled with this, but at times I have stopped myself short in conversations with M.E. not wanting to tell her about activities that I know she wants to be a part of (tennis for sure). Marj assured me that this is just what we all need to do (include her in normal conversation).
I believe the next move or two are going to set the tone for the work that is ahead for M.E. The support that all of us can give will be crucial in the process of rehabilitation, whether it be reading to her, laughing and telling stories, or providing her with physical and occupational therapy. I guess it really does "take a village".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment