US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Missed Haircut Appointment!

ME missed her haircut appointment today. I never see her move faster in the morning than when she has a chance to spend an hour with Melissa. I remember the last appointment she had and then rescheduled it for the week prior to her procedure. She was about to cancel the first one and Caitlin jumped in to fill her spot. I used to give her a hard time about the price she paid but she would quickly remind me that I paid $12 to sit in a chair for five minutes!

Why all of this gibberish? Because ME would have to be someplace like the ICU to justify missing an appointment. Today she made a stronger case of excuses. Her right knee was bugging her so she demanded treatment, purposely scheduled throughout the day to mess up everyone else's appointments. Whereas she was not in a position to dictate her own care today, Dave Trevino was her mouthpiece. "Get someone in here to analyze the fluid build up on my knee!"....order number one. "Radiology was in my room doing Xrays of whatever when I was asleep, get them back here to take a picture of my knee, stat!"......order number two. "While your at it, wheel me to wherever and do an MRI, you can't trust an Xray".....order number three.

ME was awake and alert quite a while, off and on throughout the day. This morning, my favorite time, I walked in and said "good morning ME" and she popped awake for me. I worked with the Occupational Therapist this morning who, at one point, had ME's arms wrapped around me neck. This put my face about two inches from ME's, looking eye-to-eye, now that was cool! I asked her to pucker up, she complied and rest will not be shared.

Two of ME's "rocks", Judi and Rhonda, leave tomorrow for Sunriver, OR for yet another tennis tournament. I know ME would want to wish them well and to tell them to behave. I will keep the blog going for the next few days. I will be gone on Saturday, hauling a huge load to Bellingham, moving Paul into his apartment at Western. To those of you who are scheduled for Saturday, thanks! You are my eyes and ears for the day. When in doubt, my phone numbers are "on the wall".

ME feels your energy, keep it coming!

4 comments:

M.E. said...

Oops! A typo. Why is it that after you proof something and then say "go", you see a mistake. I meant to say that ME had her arms wrapped around MY neck, not ME neck. Oh well, it must be the Irish in me.

diane said...

How can it be that while M.E. has been lying quietly in a hospital bed she has taught me so much? How can it be that even though we haven't had a conversation in over 6 weeks our friendship has deepened. M.E. has taught me about love, hope, family, friendship, faith, patience, strength and dignity. The fact that she broke her silence and said "ouch" is now the most treasured word she has ever spoken. I know my vibrant and fun-loving friend is on her way back! I have been honored to spend special moments with M.E.'s family and her wonderful Yakima girlfriends. I feel proud to be a part of the medical profession as I witness the excellent care she has received. I have also felt angry, sad, afraid, depressed and frustrated. But now it is time to take a lesson from M.E. and focus on what she has taught me. To feel the love and strength in her hospital room is incredible. M.E. you are such an inspiration to me. I love you!
Always your "big sis,"
Diane

Barb said...

I haven't read the blog in a few days and I'm so excited to read that M.E. has spoken the four letter word...........ouch.
I think about her often and I pray for her continuous recovery.
Barb Cooper

Becki LeVon said...

Good Morning ME and Dave. I too am off to Sunriver for yet another tennis tournament. Will do my best to make sure that your girls have a good time as I know you would expect no less. Hope to get up there and see you next week. You are in my thoughts daily. Be strong and keep up the good work!! Lots of Love, Becki LeVon