US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Friday, September 5, 2008

New Scenery

M.E.'s new room in the ICU (room 15) is great. There is room for a small army in it. She is getting closer to the exit out of the unit (literally).

One of the nurses came in to check on her and asked me about Sun Valley (she recently moved from there to Yakima). She knew that M.E. and I went there yearly for our "girls week". I was telling her a story about our adventure two years ago when we were on a long horseback trip up to Alpine Lakes. As we were coming down, M.E. and her horse were in front of me (M.E was on a female and I was on a male). When my horse got too close to M.E.'s she would kick him in the face. I told this nurse that after the second time I said to M.E....."your horse is a b----". M.E. started laughing full on (coughing too). Boy was that a great site to see!

The PT department posted a schedule for M.E.'s daily workout. The time is short, but often. I was there for the morning session. It was clear that this isn't easy on her, but she really hung in there.

After her PT workout, she was pretty exhausted.

No comments: