US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Singel's Voice!

I cruised into MaryEleanor's around 8 this morning. I said "good morning, it's a beautiful day outside". ME promptly opened up those gorgeous green eyes, smiled and looked out the window. I got to work taping pictures on her wall. She watched me intently, studying each picture. I casually mentioned it would be easier for her to see them if she turned her head a little. You know what happened.

Once I completed my little project, rearranged a couple her pillows, put lip balm on her and then violated a rule in the room, I told ME that I had just a few pages left to read in my Ken Follet novel. I asked here if it was OK if I just hung out and read and she nodded her approval. ME decided to take a cat nap.

About an hour later, ME's nurse gave me the heads up that there had been a Singel sighting and I might want to hang around for a while. Duh! Shirley Sackmann arrived and we settled into a casual conversation. Soon after, Dr Singel appeared in the doorway. He was all smiles and full of greetings. I had not seen him since before Labor Day. I looked over at MaryEleanor and she had both eyes wide open with the biggest smile on here face. She waved both hands at him. They enjoyed a nice chat. Only a guy who has spent 8 hours, literally inside ME's head, talking the entire time, can achieve what he can achieve when visiting her. Cool! Dr Singel stayed in the room for quite a while. At one point he popped out and came back in with his 9 month old son. ME enjoyed this moment also. He made HER day!

When I did return later, ME was calmly sitting in her chair. After a bit, we got her back in bed and let her rest for a while.

It was nice to see ME enjoy a moment, for a change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today I was so glad to finally see my dear friend and tennis partner. To my delight you looked strong and peaceful ME. I did see your face turn red and your skin shine when I said who I was. At first I worried that it might upset you but then I remembered a few times when you turned red after an embarrassing moment and sure enough you had your normal glow in a few seconds...especially after I said how lucky you are to have such a great husband who by the way is a really fantastic writer too. I think many would benefit from reading the daily blog in book form someday. My prayers and heart are with you both. Be Strong ME. God Bless!
Elsie