After her vigorous work yesterday, MaryEleanor decided she needed a day for self. She was awake of and on throughout the day, put up with nurses pestering her for whatever reason and she almost got away with not giving me my satisfaction this morning. For the most part, ME told the rest of us to "take a walk, I'm checking out". Knowing how she sets my mood for the day, she finally relented when I said "see you later". I drank the Big Train, waste not, want not.
Reports late this afternoon told me that some Yakivegas elves showed up around noon and let ME continue her nap in her chair. When I returned this afternoon, Nicole (PT) was just finishing her afternoon regimen. I believe ME wanted to call it a day so I left her quietly, but not before my evening smooch.
Tomorrow will hopefully be very busy for many of us. The goal is to have ME take the shuttle over to Good Samaritan. They are a wonderful facility with a great rehab program. Remember, our ultimate goal is to make ME stronger in order to maximize her experience at the U.
MaryEleanor and I have always been planners. No surprises. This experience has yet to be anything like this. New concepts like rolling with the punches or learning to expect the unexpected is a new concept for us. We are counting on the Yakivegas elves to appear once again when this next venture begins.
Viva Yakivegas!
ps Holy crap Batman! 14 comments on the blog over the last two days! Now you know where MaryEleanor gets her energy. Thanks everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow what a big day tomorrow! I looked at the online tour of the facility. It does look nice! Even has a therapy pool. Boy, ME will look so different when we visit her next. It's been 3 weeks. Wish we weren't so far away...
Hi Dave,
Big move but time to get her out of hospital care and into recuperative mode, so I hope everything goes best tomorrow. You know what I say about recovery - two steps forward, one step back.....
Love,
MA
Dave:
I have enjoyed staying up on ME's progress and all of her "nurses" with your posts.
I admire your family's strength, perseverence, and team effort! To see all that you are dealing with and still continuing on with regular life is amazing. However, I must say I am admire ME most for her strength, love, and determination! I miss her positive attitude and beautiful smile here at work!
Though I haven't been to see ME, I think of her and pray for all of you everyday!
It sounds like she is headed to the next place in the road to recovery! Great news!
My prayers are with you!
Barbara P.
Post a Comment