US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Friday, September 26, 2008

Housekeeping

I know you all were not expecting a post tonight. I also thought I had done my last post with a pc that has a mind of it's own. But, here I am conversing with all you. MaryEleanor continues her journey to recovery. Her periods of interaction and her stamina increase each day. It was like Grand Central Station this morning in her room. Andrea was one of many who did the OT workout. ME had three to four activities going on all at the same time. She LOVED it!

As the day progressed, plans were being put together for her "next steps". MaryEleanor has met the criteria to be admitted to the inpatient rehab department at the University of Washington Medical Center. They can accomplish tasks that Marj Henderson believes are best received there. The bump in the road is that there is "no room at the Inn". So, we will take a bit of a respite here locally until we whisk her off to Seattle. Each day that passes by will only improve ME's ability to capitalize on this experience.

The Yakima crowd is up to the task to keep ME on point. Occupational Therapy is covered. A core group of us will be trained this weekend on Physical Therapy exercises and the process of getting ME up into her chair and back again. This will be comical as we will all experience the Hoyer lift. Gotta bring a camera!

So, why the title? Shaela is really Shelagh, a nice Irish name. I apologized today in person and promised to correct the blog. I also feel like I am writing MaryEleanor's diary as I do these entries each day. I have carried a journal to and from the hospital everyday, since day one. It is the journal that ME started, the initial entries were posted day one. My problem is the journal is always in my backpack and I never get it out so it's lacking for comments.

When each of you read the blog and you get to the end, there is a prompt just below labeled "comments". If are in the mood, click on this icon. You will then be presented with a window to type in what you feel, hear and experience with MaryEleanor. If you are remote, this is your opportunity to express your support for everything that's happening. This is also your opportunity to tell me I am all wet. It's her online journal. It is my intention, now that I have a pc that does not require an extension cord, to read her not only the entries, but, more importantly, the comments. She needs to hear all of the encouragement you have been sharing with me.

Family's arriving soon. God bless.

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Dave, your blog is just wonderful and Maris and I are very encouraged to hear that ME is qualified to go to UW. She's a brave and determined girl and we are all right there supporting all of you. Love, MA

Ann Ledlie Myers said...

Mary Eleanor,

A guick note on the blog, as I know soon you will be reading this yourself and in the meantime your amazing husband will read it to you.

Of course you will always be Mary Eleanor to me as your older(yes I am older) cousin. But I am getting used to ME, it is starting to grow on me. It should, as my family often refers to me as AL.

So ME, you are such a fighter. You have wonderful trainers at your side, both close and far away. Keep up the great work on the road to recovery.

If your recovery brings you to the UW, I am thrilled. If you cannot be in Yakima, Seattle will be great with additional family and friends on this side of the mountains.

You are in my prayers everyday.

Hope to see you soon on the east side or the west.

Love, AL

GO HUSKIES--off to the game today