MaryEleanor experienced another awesome day today. She greeted me as she always does and really stayed awake and alert until I headed back to the office two hours later. We had her working hard with her arms and hands today. We continue to work with her on normal, everyday movements, like brushing her teeth, washing her face and applying her favorite lotions. She really enjoys this activity. Although I am partial to her wrapping her arms around me, I am patient with her other activities. It was kinda busy in here room this morning so we did not try the valve but ME was giving us really good head nods, yes and no.
At one point this afternoon, Lisa Long experienced something special. It's our secret.
The big news today was the move out of the Intensive Care Unit. ME is now in room 446 in the Acute Care Unit. She has a private room, courtesy of the nurses from ICU, with a view of the Ahtanum Ridge. Easy access for all and now we can decorate her room with not only pictures, but flowers!
It was difficult to say goodbye to our friends in Intensive Care. They all asked that ME come back to visit "under her own power", which I know she will want to do. It was also nice to hear from one of the nurses that as a result of watching all of us and the way we paticipated in ME's care, they have modified their methods to more of a patient focus. This meant allot to me as I believe everyone who spent time with ME over the last six weeks really had an impact on the staff in the ICU. We blew them away!
Now we have a new job. We need to blow the staff away in the ACU! Your support, regardless of what it is, is really working.
A new venue, a new opportunity! I'm off to Bellingham in morning. Can't wait to see Paul's new digs. I will swing through Seattle on my way home to see Caitlin and Dayton. Take care of MaryEleanor until I get back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I continue to learn the process of making a post. Whereas I try to use spellcheck, I was a bit rushed tonight to meet my tennis buds for dinner.
My family is from New England where they do not necessarily put an emphasis on the letter "r". So, when I typed the word participate, I left out the "r", just to make sure you pronounced the word in true New England fashion.
Just so you know, or if you care in all of your pressures, you may edit your posts, Dave. Click on "new post" at the top right of your screen, then "edit posts" at top left, then go to the post you want to "edit", make your changes, click "publish post". :)
More importantly, I'm sitting here reading the updates all choked up, bawling & laughing ("ouch" being the first word) all at once, over the amazingly wonderful news of ME's progress, and your tender descriptions of your loving care for her, as well as some of what you're going through. What a journey for all. Bill & I continue to keep you all in our thoughts & prayers. Our time is flex, so if you need help, we're there! ~Bill & JoAnn Raines
Post a Comment