US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Gotta Get Away More Often!

I was gone from ME's room for 24 hours and WOW! She never ceases to amaze me. MaryEleanor was doing what she does best, proving to everyone that she is fighting hard. She woke up at 8 when I arrived and was still awake when I left at 1P. She was more interactive and communicating with me with head nods. She has new, custom fitted boots to help her stretch heer heels back where they belong. They do not hurt and will prove to be beneficial.

ME has regained control of her right hand and arm and was showing serious "thumbs up" and hard squeezes. She is beginning to lift her arms up a bit. She knows she needs to work hard to gain access to inpatient rehab. ME can't wait for Marj Henderson to get her hands on her full time.

She is doing everything right, now it's time for us to respond.

Couple of new rules of engagement when visiting ME:

1) ME no longer needs physical stimulus to interact. Please do not "tap" her arm to wake her up. If she is awake and alert, talk with her. Share the gossip. Guaranteed that she will hear your conversation, even if her eyes are closed. If I hear of anyone pushing ME to wake up, you will receive a reprimanding call from me. Sorry, I am serious about this. We may have given ME a big workout and she needs to rest. When you come to visit, expect her to be asleep, that way if she is awake, enjoy the experience.

2) Until ME can tell me, everyone who wants to visit ME needs to either get with Judi Brown or call me on my cell, 961-3350, no exceptions. I am more serious about this rule than to first one. I am not trying to discourage you from seeing ME but I need to protect her.

Early post today. If anything new happens this evening I will let all of you know. Otherwise, I look forward to spending more time today with ME, doing what we do best!

3 comments:

M.E. said...

I just back from another brief, but great visit. ME was still awake! She had a couple of catnaps during the afternoon but she was lively when I returned.
Rhonda and Judi stopped by on their way home from Sunriver. They were amazed with their homecoming with ME, I wasn't as I knew she wanted to show off a bit.
Laurie (hope spelling is correct), charge nurse from the ICU, came up just as I was getting ready to leave.
There will be a party in ICU when ME walks back through the now infamous "door".
What ME needs now is people! If someone is signed up for a time you want, go for the same slot. ME loves conversation in the room. The more the merrier. It would be great to have her friends around from 9:30A til 7P.
Believe me when I say she grows stronger when we are all there!

Unknown said...

Thursday afternoon I had the good fortune of hanging with ME, Dave and Laurie. ME is improving regularly and it is just awesome to be a part of it. She counted out loud, smiled, nodded her head and had BOTH eyes open. The four of us really had a great time.

After Dave and Laurie left I was reading to ME and when I would pause she would open her eyes again as if to say "get back to it." I really think we are all making a difference and this is evident in her responses.

We are experiencing a miracle and it is just awesome to see the way ME and Dave's friends are continuing to help. May God Bless you all and of course may His healing touch upon ME continue.

Mary Stephen said...

WOW I have not read the postings for almost two weeks (although I think of MaryEleanor often)I am so happy to hear about all the improvements this is wonderful! Keep up the good work and prayers everybody! Mary Stephen