US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A New Venue, New View

MaryEleanor had a very busy day today. As always, I was a part of ME's early morning workout and as always, ME was up to the task. Between 9AM and 3PM, a lot happened. Physical Therapy was in for their routine, ME was whisked away at some point for a MRI, she was lifted into her new, custom fitted wheelchair and moved to a new room.

For us, this doesn't seem like a lot but for MaryEleanor, it's tough. To get to the MRI, you are treated to an elevator ride, wheeled out of the hospital, across the street to a medical office building and then into the rear end of a semi-trailer. The MRI takes about an hour and it's quite noisy. Then you get to repeat the trip back.

Shortly after ME returned and had a chance to catch her breath, she was lifted into her wheelchair. Recovering from this exercise, she enjoys yet another elevator ride to her new digs. Oh and guess what, one more session with Occupational Therapy to cap off the day.

When I was assisting Shaela this afternoon, she asked me how MaryEleanor and I met. As I related the whole Fraternity/Sorority story, we both looked at ME and she had the biggest smile "ever!". Wow, now that was special and I will quit with that thought.

No comments: