After all of our euphoria yesterday, I was prepared to fly around in a holding pattern before being cleared for landing at the U early Monday morning. NOT!
Shortly after I arrived at Reeg, opened the blinds and somewhat rudely played alarm clock for ME, I asked her nurse to page respiratory as I was little concerned about a rumbling noise in her trache. Once this little matter was put behind us, we "corked" ME's trache. I asked the RT dude to hang around for a minute to make sure we were in good shape for a few hours. I asked MaryEleanor if she was breathing comfortably. While looking for the familiar "thumbs up", I suddenly hear a soft voice say "yes".
For the next hour or so, ME and I enjoyed our first "chat" in over two months. I asked her guidance on paying bills, cleaning house and packing her clothes for Seattle. Thank goodness what I was doing was up to her standards. Kristi from L&D arrived with yet another bottle of lotion for ME. The two of them experienced an exchange that left ME smiling and Kristi a bit misty eyed when she headed off to work.
I asked ME's permission to leave as I had about a thousand things to do before heading west. With the proper clearance, I jetted. Rhonda called me a bit later with a midday report of more verbal exchanges with MaryEleanor.
As always, I popped back in late this afternoon for our special routine. When ME woke up from her nap, I tossed a few more pillows her way, found HGTV for her, adjusted the volume and asked if she would like me to stay or go home to get more chores completed. "You go home" No way, I stayed for another hour!
Super Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a day, I'm still incredibly jealous you got to talk to mom and I didn't. But next weekend we'll see if I can share the same experience whiling enjoying Caitlin's birthday. It's amazing the progress mom has made since she heard that she would be going to the u monday,
Ojala que ella tenga un bien viaje
This was the best day ever!! M.E. is incredible. I am so happy for her and excited for her to go to the U. I can't wait to have another chat with her.
I'm so overjoyed on hearing about the talking. Kristi sent me a message yesterday telling me about her visit. Fabulous, simply awesome.
I wish you the best in Seattle ME. We at LD will keep you in our thoughts and prayers in your recovery. You may be a few more miles away, but forever in our hearts and minds.
Hugs ~ Merri
WOW, ME talked....that is toooooooooooo awesome!!!
Way to go you two!
Dan K.
We are all so thrilled for you!
Love, The East Coast Cousins
Post a Comment