"You're not in Kansas anymore"
I arrived back in Yakima a short while ago. What an intense couple of days. While I will turn over midweek posts to my two Seattle favorites, I will make every effort to jump in when it's appropriate. So, wind the clock back a day to Monday, move day. Diane and I arrived at Reeg about a half hour before the expected departure time. We were informed that our flight was delayed by an hour. How can fog delay an ambulance? Finally around 9AM, the flight crew showed up. I passed to baton to Diane and hit the road a good half hour before their intentioned departure time. I made one pit stop on the way over and as I pulled in to park at the U, Diane called me to say ME was all settled into her new room. They blew my doors off on the way over!
Caitlin summarized yesterday well, basically it was a meet and greet day. Lots of questions both directions. Educating them about us and us about them.
I popped in on MaryEleanor around 7:30 this morning. She greeted me as always. I gave her a bit of a pep talk as I knew the crew at the U would hit the ground running. Promptly at 8, her workout began. Three and half hours later, I was gassed! ME was a real trooper. She winced when it hurt and pushed beyond the hurt. She enjoyed wearing her own clothes and having another shampoo with her own coconut/mango mix. Yes, I got wet but it was worth it.
The "crew" gave ME a break and a rest at noon, just in time for Caitlin to arrive during a break in classes. The three of us chatted for a while before Caitlin headed back to class and I headed East. Just before I left, I glanced at ME's schedule and saw she at least one more therapy session planned for the day. I have never left MaryEleanor feeling as comfortable as I did today. Not taking away from anything we experienced at Yakima Regional, this new venue is very, very cool. It's all about where we want to be when we leave.
It rained like no other on the west side of the pass yesterday morning. As I passed through Issaquah and was climbing the hill into Bellevue (you non-Washingtonians will need to googlemaps this), a rainbow appeared. The end of the rainbow was at the U.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SWEET!!! I love it when their are "signs" like that Dave. I'm so glad you are so comfortable with UW. It's an awesome facility taking care of an awesome lady.
Post a Comment