US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Friday, October 3, 2008

Broke the Streak

Today was not just a good day, but a great day! It wasn't because MaryEleanor showed me something new. It wasn't because ME is slowly getting used to new surroundings, new schedules and new people. It was because we finally broke the string of "hell Fridays". This is new information to you blog readers as I have not shared it, but for quite a while, we both learned to dread this day in the week. "Stuff" always happened on a Friday to the point where we both wanted to eliminate this day from the week entirely and skip right to Saturday.

I spent a lot of time meeting and greeting and schmoozing. I scammed our own Hoyer lift for ME's room. Paul, you would have proud of me procuring this little baby. Tomorrow morning Andrea is meeting me and we will get ME up into her chair for the first time in a couple of days, ME's ready.

The weekend is taking shape. David Miller from Lemaster & Daniels stopped by this afternoon to drop off some flowers from last night's venue, nice touch. Rumor had it that a couple of other L&D'ers stopped by for a quick visit.

I actually played tennis this afternoon opposed to just showing up on the court. Yep, I would have to say, Fridays are back on the calendar, for now.

KTF

No comments: