US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Great Day with a Minor Delay

I woke up this morning to a little "frost on the pumpkin". I guess short sleeve season over, time to put the white shoes away.

MaryEleanor was doing her thing again all day today. "Bring it on" is ME's motto. She spent a good two and half hours up in her chair this morning before letting her nurse know she was ready to crawl back under the covers. In preparation for our escape to the U, Dr Singel wanted to get another picture of ME. Early this afternoon ME did the downstairs, out of the building, across the alley, into another building and then into the back end of a semi for a MRI. The only good part of this procedure is the chance to breathe fresh air and soak in real weather, which more than made up for the "quiet" MRI. Late this afternoon as I was leaving, I told, not asked, ME's nurses that enough was enough for today. Give the kid a break and let her rest.

In between all of this activity, a Yakivegas girlfriend slipped in and did a quick touch up on ME's toenails. Even though open toe season is behind us for a bit, ME still likes to sport fancy feet! A second planned procedure for this evening was a little leg attention. Unlike us guys where a "no shave weekend" is acceptable...........this will not be tolerated, so I was informed.

Tomorrow it's all about the hair! I look forward to letting you all know how it goes. I am confident that MaryEleanor will not want it to end, especially since her close friend is doing this for her.

The U notified me this afternoon that our move will be delayed until Monday. Whereas we are ready to roll and take advantage of their program, Yakima folks will have a couple of extra days to wish ME the best of luck. Maybe the Huskies will win on Saturday because of this delay........? ME will take all of the credit but none of the blame.

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Well, when the UW speaks we all listen, right? So I won't be driving to Seattle this weekend but will definitely count on it for next. Sounds as if ME had a very full day, good for her. Love,
MA

Nan said...

I am very excited to see ME's new "do" tomorrow afternoon, and I hope I'll be able to visit her in her new 'digs' next week, Thursday morning, when I am in Seattle. Huge hugs to the Whelan family. You are so awesome! Nan