Today was all about thinking of everything I might forget to take to Seattle tomorrow. It was also the last weekend I will home for a while so I needed to get a few things done outside. After a nice morning visit with my lady, a couple of friends arrived to say hello/goodbye to MaryEleanor. Bob came in primarily to help me load ME's chair in the back of the rig for the trek west in the AM. He and Shirley decided to spend a bit of time with ME after I left.
Around midday, Rhonda and Mike stopped in for a tough visit. ME has been the beneficiary of wonderful and outstanding care for the better part of twelve weeks at Yakima Regional. Rhonda has played an active role in this with her knowledge and relationships with the staff. Rhonda and ME are very close friends and it was with mixed emotions Rhonda wished ME well. Oh heck, she'll see ME next weekend in Seattle because they are going to the Husky/Notre Dame game.
Judi and Rick took advantage of the weather and popped up to their mountain cabin for a little cleaning and, more importantly, winterising! Judi's plan is to long board down to the hospital before we hit the road. After all, it's downhill all of the way. This will also prove to be an emotional visit. Maybe Judi and Rick will want to visit their kids in Seattle more often.
With the majority of the outside issues addressed, including feeding my crazy birds (another story), I returned for a lengthy afternoon visit with my bride. Although ME's trache was not plugged, we enjoyed a lengthy chat. You just need to phrase your questions appropriately and ME will respond. She snoozed, I read. I snoozed and woke up to her staring at me, oops.
We'll be sticking our thumbs out tomorrow morning!
ps ME and I want to thank everyone in Yakima who visited, called, cooked, prayed and thought about MaryEleanor. You guys rule! Trust me when I say she can't wait to thank you all, individually, when we return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
On to the next adventure and de-commissioning this blog because ME is well again. Best of everything for tomorrow and the transition, and we'll see you both really soon. Love, MA
The last few days have been a huge leap! Nothing short of awe-inspiring. Although there is still very much left to be done, the level of communication she has accomplished will make the trek seem so much easier(For her and us). I know I speak for Caitlin as well as myself when I say we very much look forward to M.E.'s (mom's) arrival in the morning. We have been thinking of things to bring to her room to make her transition more comfortable and her recovery speedier.
You CENTRAL Washingtonians have been hogging her for the last couple of months. Our turn. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with my Mother-in-Law. She has been unable to drill me with questions for too long now. I know the close proximity will allow us to more than make up for lost time.
We all very much appreciate what everyone on the sunnier side of the state has done. There is nothing that can be said or done to show how much the contributions made are appreciated. By the amount that has been done, it is obvious how much everyone cares about M.E. and family. I am here to also reassure you to fear not Central Washingtonians. We shall allow no slack to be had in this transition. We have been tied down from afar with our intermittent opportunities to shed this feeling of uselessness. The West Side will rise to the challenge and continue the great foundation of support.
Bring it on.
-Dayton
You go Westsiders! I feel confident that M.E. will get the love and encouragement that she needs, every day.
Post a Comment