US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Saying I Haven't Used In Two Months!

MaryEleanor and I had a face-to-face meeting this morning, literally. I wanted her know exactly how important the day ahead was for us, the goal being to hop to a bigger lillypad. I asked her, no, I told her what she needed to accomplish with all of her therapists throughout the day. She needed to sit up in her chair for a while, tolerate stretching her joints, and be a participant, awake, alert and communicating. Man, I cherish my "alone time" with ME.

I let her know what the reward for her effort would be. A trip to the U for a month of even harder, more challenging and exhausting workouts. The opportunity to meet and greet new people. The opportunity to see Caitlin, Paul and many other relatives from the west side of the mountains. I laid it all out for ME and asked if she was up to the challenge. She gave me a very strong head nod yes!

With everyone in ICU rooting ME on for a great day, I left for work knowing she would strut her stuff. When I returned in the afternoon, ME had accomplished more than what she was expected to do. ME was bound and determined to show everyone how strong she is, despite our little "bump in the road" last week. She had a few days of rest to get her poo poo packed for some serious work. All I saw in the ICU was smiles. Now that was very cool.

Tonight MaryEleanor will transition out of ICU to a regular floor for the weekend. Technically she was classified today as a "medical patient" residing in the ICU due to a lack of beds elsewhere at Regional. The folks in this area just do not want to let go of "their ME", up to and including her Intensivist.

ME's weekend will encompass spending time with her family. I am grateful for the timing of their trip here as it allows me to get away for a bit. Big doings in the big city this weekend. A little celebrating is a good thing. Knowing ME is safe and being watched over by great people, I'm outta here.

So, there will not be a post tomorrow. I will catch you all up Sunday evening when I get back and stare into those big, beautiful, green eyes.

TGIF!

No comments: