US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A New Do, A New Breath Of Air

Hey sports fans, MaryEleanor hit the ground running today. As promised, this morning was all about her "do". Melissa arrived shortly after ME was up and comfortable in her chair. Water was flying everywhere, shampoo became floor wax and ME was in heaven. When I get a haircut, the chair doesn't even get warm before I'm done. MaryEleanor enjoyed a good half hour head massage. She also heard a sound she hasn't heard since August 1st, a hair dryer! The room smelled like mango. It was very cool of Melissa to do this for ME. She finished up with a little trim of ME's bangs and left ME with enough shampoo and conditioner to see us through the stay at the U.

A bit later in the day, ME was fitted with a new trache. When I arrived for a long visit this afternoon, ME was resting comfortably, breathing on her own with the new trache "plugged". This little guy fitted to her trache forces ME to breathe normally. We've been here, done this before. Old school for MaryEleanor. Anytime you can remove a dependency of a wall device, it's a good thing.

Do whatever you do to wish someone good luck. We hope to hear tomorrow morning from the U. MaryEleanor wants to get there before Notre Dame shows up next week!

3 comments:

Mary Alice said...

You know, everything works better when you feel it's clean. Not to draw a terrible analogy - but take your car - when it's clean, you're happy. So imagine how good it felt for ME to get a thorough hair intervention after so long. I bet she'll just fly through her next challenges. Hoping for the best news, love, MA

Merri said...

Kudo's to Melissa! I can only imagine how wonderful ME felt having her hair washed and fixed. That's awesome.

I wish you all the luck in the world getting up to the U and all settled. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers like I have been since this ordeal started.

Hugs n'junk ~ Merri

Nan said...

Hey! ME! Your hair looked fantastic and I really enjoyed our time together this afternoon. It was wonderful to have such great eye contact! You go Girl! Lots of Hugs, Nan