US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Thursday, October 23, 2008

ccraines@comcast.net

There. I finally posted Charlie's email, sorry for the delay. I want to let you know, that I read Mom the blog (the last few posts Dad, Dayton, and I wrote) plus all the comments that were attached to it. In fact, its a great story, she actually requested (verbally) that I read it to her. I had given it as an option for reading material- my form of 'therapy' when I stop by in the evening. And when I was distracted by a different task, I had forgotten that I gave it as an option, so she very clearly said "BLOG".

All the therapy sessions are going very well, and Mom is thoroughly exhausted by the evening. She is still quite stiff in her joints and esp. in her legs- so they are working on pain management as well as therapies to reduce the stiffness.

Like I said- all of her therapies are mostly in the morning (anywhere from 8am to Noon, with one session in the mid-afternoon). You are welcome to come during the day/lunch hour, but please make it so you are either there for the whole session--they run on the hour for about an hour, as to not interrupt or distract. Otherwise, as I have done, coming in the early evening is a perfect time. She is done by 4 to 4:30pm, and usually snoozing but relaxed. I have been reading to her, and just talking to her about her day, and mine. I usually don't stay too much past 6pm, as I want her to get as much rest in as possible for the next day. She knows its a lot of work!

Diane will be with Mom in the morning, and Dad arrives around Noon. Paul is also coming down tomorrow afternoon to spend the weekend with Dad, Mom, and I.

I leave you with this story from this morning: I walked in around 8:45am, and brought some yummy smelling coffee beans for her to inhale, a clear signal its morning and time to get to work. The speech therapist came in and said "we did some orientation stuff yesterday, and she knew the month, etc..." So I turned to Mom, "Mom, if today is October 23rd, that makes tomorrow October 24th.....what is special about that day?"

She politely mouthed "Your birthday," with a smile.

Yes I will be 24 on the 24th...oh boy, I'm getting old :).

5 comments:

M.E. said...

Thanks Caitlin!
MaryEleanor has only experienced two days at the U of intense, exhausting therapy, WOW! Multiply this times fifteen and you have to imagine the potential.
I can't wait to see my bride tomorrow!
What we all know about ME is that if you give her a goal, work related or personal, she always surpasses it, right L&D?

Merri said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow Caitlin!! I hope the day is filled with sunshine, smiles and lots of love...oh and icing!!!

Hi ME!! Now that I know you are being read this I can talk just to you. :) I miss you at work, I miss you coming upstairs to get a cup of coffee and stopping to chat for a bit. Kristi, Kelley and Susanne are doing a great job holding things together. But it's not the same without you, that's for sure. Susanne called me to come kill a spider for her the other day. I wasn't available to do the deed, but of course didn't miss the opportunity to scare her today with some plastic ones. She was quite freaked out, it was great. You would have loved it. :)

It's funny to be writing to just you but not really knowing that a ton of other people can be reading this. But you know me, I don't care. Keep up the good work and doing what the therapists want you to do and you'll be bustin' out of that joint soon.

Big hugs to you from me and all those peeps I work with.

Rhonda said...

Mike and I will there be on Saturday. I can't wait to talk with her. when she talked to me in complete sentences a week ago, I was hooked. I didn't realize just how much I missed hearing her sweet, encouraging voice.

Nan said...

It was wonderful to visit you, ME, yesterday. I was there during PT and OT, you worked so hard and are making such progress! I was glad I was able to watch the therapies. U of W seems to have a wonderful team. Keep up the good work! Hugs, Nan

diane said...

Way to push yourself today M.E. Your "never give up" attitude is inspiring indeed. I am so proud of you!! You look beautiful! Love, Diane