US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Monday, October 13, 2008

Since I was a bit wordy last night, I will give you all a break this evening. MaryEleanor's li'l sis Polly and her great husband Steve spent most of the day visiting, watching and learning more about a "day on the floor". Reality is there is never more than a 45 minute stretch when someone does not come in to do "something". Whereas they all serve a purpose, it's no wonder you want to leave a hospital to rest!

Plans are in the works to get ME moved to Seattle before the week is over. She will remain where we are until then. This will afford ME a bit of time to get stronger and prepare mentally for the challenges and opportunities ahead. Hopping on the "U Rehab" shuttle and making miles west is a very cool thing.

I am sure there will be a bunch of ME's Yakivegas "buds" making tracks to "Reeg" to not say "goodbye", but "see you later". ME will have a permanent red mark on her back from her friends giving her an "atta girl" slap.

I gotta end this post because I promised but I have to tell you about something not really new because I have kept it between ME and I. Late in the afternoon, after I have fluffed ME up with a million pillows, I settle in to read a book for a while. I always let her know that if she needs me, "just raise your hand". This afternoon, I must have put one too many pillows under her because she gave me the signal before I sat down. I minor adjustment and she was sound asleep.

Look out Huskies!

1 comment:

Mary Alice said...

This is very exciting for ME and you! Great move to the UW, wonderful that she can stay put until her first out of town trip in a long time. We're here, waiting, on the receiving end! Love,
MA