OK, it's time to take a breath. The pros in the ICU were hard at it today. By this afternoon, MaryEleanor's temperature was back to normal, hopefully for good. They continue to help ME fight her latest infection.
When I arrived early this morning, ME was resting, snoozing is a better word. She was breathing on her own with a minor assist from the ventilator. After a quick briefing from ME's nurse, I jetted over to Good Samaritan where I met Judi and Rick. I backed up to the loading dock and we packed ME outa there. Filled up two SUV's! It's time to sort through the items ME has acquired along the way.
MaryEleanor demanded that I return with at least her favorite lip balm. After a quick hand off to Barb from St Tim's, I headed west. Judi and Rick had invited me to "breakfast on the hill". Bork! I am still stuffed from that dining experience.
This afternoon, MaryEleanor was ready to have a conversation with me. Well, not literally but we communicated. As I described what was going on with her and to her, I asked ME to confirm she understood what I was saying. She replied with a good squeeze each time. I even risked telling I thought I figured out her filing system for our bills. Not only did she give me a squeeze but a nice thumb stroke along the back of my hand. Something new, something nice.
The great news is we have not lost any ground, cognitively. ME continues to self heal her brain. It's up to the professional to take care of her, physically. It's up to all of you to continue to take care of ME, mentally. Remember, it takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown.
Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What an uplifting post Dave. I love it! Diane
Thanks for all your daily posts, Dave. Your positive attitude and "creative" writing skills along with news of ME mean so much to so many of us following her progress. Watching and listening to your oh soo genuine love,care and concern for ME continues to lift others...ME,too! Thanks for sharing! Purna
Great post Dad, I really like the end bit. All will turn out well, bumps in the road were and are inevitable. Keep that optimistic attitude rollin', it shows in your posts!
And it only takes a minute to uplift ME and you in prayer.
Post a Comment