New digs! MaryEleanor and I got our cute butts out of Yakima Regional today around noon. Well, I may have stretched that last statement....ME got her cute butt out of the hospital today! Our ever loyal friend, Judi, was there for us, once again, to help load the moving van of "stuff" we accumulated, borrowed and took. If it wasn't nailed down, we packed it over to Good Samaritan.
I gotta take a minute to acknowledge another tennis friend, who also happens to be a nurse in the pediatric wing, just down the hall. Over the past week or so, Lynn Whiteside has taken most of her "breaks" to spend time with ME. She has asserted her skills on many occasions and participated in a few of our fun activities. She was on hand today when we put ME on the Yakivegas shuttle to Good Samaritan, thanks Lynn!
Good Samaritan welcomed us with open arms. What a great, safe place to be. As I mentioned yesterday, her room is a party palace and easily swallowed up the pallet load of gear we brought from the hospital. Judi and yet another tennis friend Nan settled about arranging ME's stuff while I popped back to work. Note to self, we need to decorate ME's room this weekend as it has a ton of potential.
Upon my return, Nan was still there and MaryEleanor was resting comfortably, actually she was snoring. Not being the shy type, I asked for a thousand pillows and some help to spruce up ME and reposition her for the evening. Once this was accomplished, I told ME that it was time for me to put an appearance in for her at her office's celebration. With a thumbs up and smooch, I strolled out feeling more relaxed and confident.
Reality please.....access to see ME is by far easier now. I do not know Good Sam's regimen for therapy sessions yet. I should know this tomorrow. I will let you know more details as they become available. In the meantime, Judi, Rhonda or I continue to be ME's gatekeepers. I hope you understand. If you want to pop in and say hi, please ask one of us first. If you want to be more participatory with a therapy session, or just sit with MaryEleanor for an hour or longer, please contact Judi. It's easy! I am still her protector and please respect that.
With that being said, here are the details of where we are right now:
Good Samaritan Health Care Center
702 North 16th Ave.
Yakima, WA 98902
Hurray for us! The next chapter of our journey began today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dave,
We're so excited to read the transition to Good Sam's has taken place. Knowing Ronda and Judi along with the tennis ladies, they will all have ME's room looking spa-like before you know it! What a blessing.
Higs and kisses to all and we hope to see you soon.
Mary and Paul
xoxox
Dave and M.E.,
Sunshine, fresh air and a party palace. . . you both must feel energized!! Hope all goes well as you settle in at Good Sam's.
I hope to pop over soon to check it all out! Love, Diane
Oops. . . didn't change user name. Although Chas does send his best wishes too!! Diane
M.E.
We have not personally met but we have worked together at the LD office. My thoughts and prayers have been with you all along and I am so excited to hear that you are so stong and fighting back. Hang in there ME we all miss you and wish you the best!
Dave,
Thank you so much for being so diligent in posting - for those of us that know ME but can't be there it is truly a blessing to be able to keep up to date with her progress. You are truly a god send for her!
Post a Comment