US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rally Time!!

Hey all of you western Washington sports fans. Just because the football season for the northwest is basically in the toilet, doesn't mean the crowd goes quiet. MaryEleanor has a great new cheer squad with all of the wonderful people on 8N at the U. When ME and I were a wee bit younger and attending UW football games, there was this really cool dude named Rob Weller, who was the yell king for the Husky cheer squad. The "wave" was invented by Rob. He also invented the "echo" cheer. Student side would yell "H" and then wait for the old fart alumni to yell back "H", etc. His main goal was to keep us entertained because we had to show up early to grab a good seat. His ultimate goal was to have us in such a frenzy by game time that the announcers could not hear themselves calling the game.

The staff at the U are employing Weller's techniques. They are doing the "student rally" for ME's workout. What we need now is to hear the "echo" cheer. I have my hand cupped to my ear waiting to hear comments back from you "west siders".

As Dayton so eloquently put it, the central Washington crew did their job well. The western Washington crew will pick up the ball and continue the march down field. Who has the best football record in the northwest, Central. Who has the best cheer squad?????? I can't hear you!!

5 comments:

Merri said...

I'm out to show up that WEST side since I'm a blogging geek from the "Central" or as I'd call it "East side" and am not afraid to post comments. :)

Dave is right you West side readers, come on figure out how to start an account and post a comment for the family & ME. It's free, it's easy and trust me, it won't hurt you a bit but it will bring a smile to a lot of people's faces and most of all to ME's.

Mary Alice said...

OK, mon frere,

I'm not really into that UW football thing even tho I'm an alum....But Maris and I are VERY into the ME thing. So, ME, get out there, get moving, do your best! We're all rooting for you. Love, MA

Mil's said...

Well, I may currently be a North-central Idahoan but I'm a West sider born & bred! We are thrilled that she is getting started at the U-dub. I'm planning a weekend in November to come over & visit. We have that great Whelan family photo taken outside a few years ago, right by our computer. We're thinking about you all the time. pc

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you and so encouraged by your amazing progress, ME. Bill & I plan to visit, and guess we need to contact Charlie regarding the scheduling. Love, from the Olympic Peninsula, Bill & JoAnn

Rhonda said...

Our ME is over the mountians... no less in the cent'r of our hearts.

And now her support on the Westside.. can be part of her newest big starts.

We're thankful for new beginnings... and will look into her green eyes... to give her the assurance that she is amazing and moving toward her well earned prize.