I love it when a plan comes together! MaryEleanor was freed from her ventilator tube today over the noon hour. When I returned to spend time with her this afternoon, she was resting comfortably with her new trache. It's nice to see her face again. There is also that valued added benefit of applying lotion to her face and the all important lip balm.
Honestly there is not much more to report this evening. Caitlin will be winging her way here from Seattle shortly. I can't wait to get the two of them together tomorrow. I've been warning ME all week to save up her energy as she will be having one of those interesting and entertaining, long conversations with her daughter. Caitlin hasn't seen her Mom since Labor Day weekend. She is in for a real treat. ME will relish it!
I reminded MaryEleanor that this Saturday is Paul's 21st birthday. Hopefully, a planned celebration in Seattle holds true. I let ME know what we were giving him for a present and yes, I actually got a card. With a flick of the eyebrow and a good squeeze, I knew I scored a couple of "atta boys". I'll bank all of these I can get!
More tomorrow, hug the one you're with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
M.E. and Dave,
So glad the trache is in place and you are resting comfortably. I know you will love your time with Caitlin. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! Dave, give Paul a big b'day hug for me! Have a grand celebration. . .. . all is well. Diane
I'm so glad to hear the ventilator is history. I hope Caitlin has a wonderful visit w/ you both. ME will love to hear first hand from Caitlin all about med school and life as a newlywed. So great you can spend time w/ Paul on his 21st!Lots of hugs & love we are sending your way. Polly, Steve, Matthew & Megan.
Hi Dave and ME, I am trying to send you this for the 3rd time now, I am not computer literate at all! I am so glad to hear you are going to be going to the University of Washington ME, I know they will take very good care of you. You both are very special and totally amaze me with your love and commitment to each other. You are both very special!! I think of you very often and hope you have a steady recovery. Lori Young
David: Thank you for the daily updates. Please keep them coming. I know that the ups and downs are very hard as we went through that this summer with my sister-in-law Paula. My thoughts and prayers are with you and ME. Give ME my love. Your cousin, Janet
I am so glad to hear ME is off the ventilator that's great news! Keep the positive thoughts and never loose sight of that vacation on the beach or where ever you two want to go you will get there! And when you do you'll have a lot of post cards to send! Great job on the posts. Mary
Post a Comment