US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Friday, October 31, 2008

Driving Miss Daisy!

I was the first customer at the Madison Park Bakery this morning. Fat pills straight from the fryer, what a way to start the day!

"Good morning Dave" is by far a better greeting than good night. We were so busy today that I lost track of time. A couple of big changes I noticed since Sunday are 1) when willing, MaryEleanor will answer a simple question with a complete, complex sentence and 2) ME is now using a motorized chair! The first we have read about, the second was a complete surprise.

ME's therapy schedule has been a moving target as each of the three therapists want to catch ME when she is really ready to work. Today was one of those days when two out of three of them struck out. ME requested a med late this morning to relieve a bit of pain and it pretty much knocked her for a loop. I did get to watch her drive her chair. Right now I would rate her driving skills close to the crazy "yard sale" drivers, you know the kind that turn right from the left lane or just pop over a curb to park. However, operating a motorized chair is now on the goal sheet.

Caitlin came in for a brief visit at noon while Mary, Dr type, was there. The two of them enjoyed some laughs over Caitlin's morning preceptorship with a gas passer and Mary's experience in that field. Caitlin came back at 4:30 just as another gas passer was with ME, administering a BioEnergy treatment. Too hard to explain here so I suggest you google it. It was very cool to watch, all delivered by volunteers.

I decided to pull the plug around 5. I am going to hook up with Caitlin and Dayton tonight for dinner. What a workout.....no wonder ME sleeps well at night! As I just told cousin Ele in an email, spending a full day with MaryEleanor is harder than a day in the office, but a ton more rewarding.

So, what's the best thing that happened to YOU today?

PS Happy Halloween! Hospital staff were dressed to the nines today, inner personalities coming out. The building itself was a bit haunted. I got in the elevator on 8, doors closed and I went nowhere and the door did not want to open. I'm a stair walker now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We really missed you today Dave, so much that tennis was cancelled. It's awesome to hear the progress ME continues to make. It's only with hard work by her and the team and God's grace. Hope to see you Monday Dave, give a hug to ME from "the boys."

Bob

Caitlin said...

Note: apparantly to dad an ANESTHESIOLOGIST is a "gas passer" -- I did NOT spend the day with someone who had flatulence issues. Thanks. Just wanted to clarify.

diane said...

Dave and M.E.,
As M.E. continues to improve by leaps and bounds it feels good to laugh out loud. This was by far your most humerous blog and all I can say is "it feels good to laugh!" Life is good. . . . M.E. you are absolutely amazing! Our time together yesterday was the greatest!! Love, Diane
p.s. Caitlin, way to keep your dad in line!

M.E. said...

There may not be a post tonight as Paul, son, and I will be trekking north to Mount Vernon to a house crashing party at my sis' new home where Paul, bro, is staying.

Caitlin will be enjoying a dinner out this evening, courtesy of the alumni association. Recent grads and first year students sign up for the experience and to share stories. CJ is being hosted by a gas.....oops, anesthesiologist.