US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Friday, October 17, 2008

I Could Begin To Love Fridays!

Where do I start? Today was incredible. MaryEleanor stunned her therapists this morning with her increased level of interaction and activity. I believe she heard me over the past week describing our mutual goal to get her butt over to the U. ME was relaxed and ready to contribute big time to her regimen this morning. She was still sporting her new do. Her "appearance" was enhanced a bit more with a brief visit from one of her rocks, Judi.

Kristi from L&D stopped by to give ME a report on work status. MaryEleanor is very proud of how her co-workers have "stepped it up" to keep her department on track for continued success. Rhonda returned today from a few days of meetings off site and enjoyed a pleasant reunion with her Yakima bud.

The really big thing that happened today was "we are a go for lift-off!" MaryEleanor is on her way to the U on Monday. This experience will be a huge milestone in her recovery. The ability to venture back into "Husky Land" was because ME earned the right to go. She worked her behind off to achieve this goal. We will be forever grateful to Marj Henderson for lobbying with the Rehab physicians at the U to accept ME into their program.

So, now my work begins. I have to pack this gorgeous lady over the mountains. As ME would say, "I have lists for my lists". What a great problem to have.

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned enjoying a TGIF. That Friday pales in comparison to today. By the way, for those of you who are keeping track of my well being, I played tennis this afternoon for two hours, had a couple of brewskies, and then enjoyed a great dinner out with my Friday tennis buds.

Words cannot describe what ME and I are feeling tonight. Wish us well on this new endeavor!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Dave and ME....God's speed to the U, the new program, and your new environment....I am rooting for both of you....Dan K.

Nan said...

ME & Dave! This is all so awesome! We are so inspired by your wonderful support of each other.(Can the Dawgs beat the Beavers?} I am looking forward to seeing ME in Seattle next week. Huge Hugs Nan and Tony

Kristi said...

I had the best visit with M.E. today. She looked at me and gave me that sweet smile she has, it always touches my heart. I am so happy for her that she is heading off to the U and I wish her the best. She is always in my prayers and I can't wait to see her when she comes back. My love to both of you.

corrine said...

We don't yet have all of the "West Coast lingo" down, but it's very clear that good things are in store for you all in just a few days! Go, Mary Eleanor! Go, Dave! Go...right across those mountains!
Our thoughts and prayers remain with you both and with your family. We look forward to reading your daily updates and anticipate many more good ones! God bless. Love, Ernie, Corrine and Bill, Kathy and Tom, Mo and Steve