Wow! No better way to describe what I experienced today after being pulled apart for two days. MaryEleanor and Diane were "cutting a rug" all morning before I arrived. ME was dressed in the outfit that Mary Miller gave her. As only ME's closest friends would know, it was the outfit for the day. She received compliments from everyone who came in contact with her.
ME knows she is at the U to work hard. Whenever she was asked if she would 1) like to take a break or 2) keep going, it was always option 2. Whereas the fine professional staff continues to find the magical balance of muscle relaxers and pain medication without knocking her out, ME fights through the haze and struts her stuff.
At long last this afternoon, right before her final therapy session, I had my alone time with ME. I got close as always and told her how much I missed her. Her prompt, misty reply was "I missed you too". Not a minute later Diane popped back in to write a quick note on ME's guest board. "Damn it Diane!"
Caitlin arrived after her last class, joined soon by Dayton. We chatted and ME snoozed. When Cindy, sis-in-law, arrived, the three of us split. We headed over to my digs for the weekend, the Brassington estate on Lake Washington. Within 30 minutes of arriving, Dayton had the wireless internet up and running. Thus the post tonight. It's the least we can do for their generosity.
Paul, our Paul, should be arriving shortly from Bellingham. Tomorrow afternoon we party in ME's room. It's been too long and MaryEleanor cannot wait. What a great way to begin a weekend. Better than my normal Friday afternoon tennis with my buds, sorry guys. ME's better lookin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah Dave, M.E. is better lookin'
We missed you and played like crap, not like the last couple of weeks with you back on your game. Realy missed you today but happy for you ane M.E. Hugs to M.E. from the boys.
Bob
Sounds great, Dave. I hope that Caitlin has a great birthday tomorrow and that you all really enjoy your time together. See you soon. Love,MA
ME, It's so good to hear about your progress & I'm glad you're out of those "what-not-to-wear" hospital gowns! Julie and I are planning a slumber party at Mom's Nov 9th & 10th and will be coming to visit you. We're really looking forward to it. Love, PC & Jules.
I find it fascinating watching M.E. progress a bit more each day. I can almost see those brain cells regenerating and pushing, pushing, pushing. She is incredibly strong, patient, determined and forgiving. Her therapies are already working wonders!! Love, "damn it Diane"
Post a Comment