Hey All,
We (Caitlin and I) followed up, as promised, and went back to M.E.'s room for a night time visit. At St. Mark's (here in Capitol Hill) there is a Sunday night service that runs from 9:30 to 10:00 by way of a Gregorian style chant. We have attended in person, as it is only a few blocks from our place, but decided to bring it to M.E. this week. It is played live over the air every night on 98.1 FM (for those of you who might be close enough to get a signal, check it out!). We purchased a small multi-purpose radio and brought it to her room. The three of us huddled around listening, following along and staring at each other as prayer by prayer reverberated over the air waves, through our ears and in to our hearts. As I am sure everyone knows, as well as the ceiling of M.E.’s room clearly reads, prayer helps. There is no doubt we would not be where we are without the thoughts, prayers, and many forms of help from all around; including the big guy upstairs. This will be a new regular event, as M.E. enjoyed it. Afterward Caitlin lead a prayer, which M.E. mouthed along. I am sure she was tired, but it was a very cool way to end the night.
On another note, the other purposes of the radio include, but are not limited to, a fancy -spancy digital clock and AUX (otherwise known as Auxiliary) in. In layman’s terms, it means that we can plug an I-Pod into it so that she can listen to music 21st century style. Caitlin spent time loading some music with a variety that can be enjoyed by all. So FYI to visitors: If you want some music, just hit “Play” on the I-Pod. I am sure M.E. will enjoy it over the raspy air sounds in her room.
For those keeping score at home, we are well on our way to making her as “at home” as possible. We have a lamp, fan, clock radio, stuffed animals, decorative pumpkin, flower bouquets, tennis racket bouquet, signing/cheer poster, and a plethora of pictures. What more can we fit into this tiny room? Tune in for next time… For now, good night and God bless.
Signing off, Dayton out.
5 comments:
Now you all know why MaryEleanor and I are so proud of our kids, including our son-in-law!
Dear ME, Dave and family,I have been reading this blog ever since it started, sometimes twice a day. Since I am a firm believer in the POWER of prayer, you have been in my prayers from the beginning. Your love and care for one another is heartwarming and so evident. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to watch this unconditional love in action.
Dayton,
You are wonderful!!! Caitlin is one lucky gal!!! Diane
God is good, we've all witnessed His power, love, and strength to heal our ME. Thank you Dayton for being such a huge part of ME's recovery, for being there for Caitlin, Dave & Paul and all of us, ME's friends.
We're all still praying and thinking of you daily ME.
Love all your friends at LD
Dayton, thank you for sharing these important and tender moments with us. It gives me encouragement and direction in my daily prayer life for ME and the rest of you. God bless you.
Post a Comment