We experienced a minor delay with the procedure to free MaryEleanor from her ventilator today. They will make another attempt tomorrow. One thing I learned early on is to not say something will happen tomorrow because, as we all know, tomorrow never comes. I did it last night and again tonight, when will I learn.
Today was a day to tread water. ME was up to the task. She worked really hard at times and then we would allow her to roll over on her back and float for a while. No, ME is not back with her therapists yet. Her energy is focused on getting all of the "bad juju" out of her system. That's enough work for her to accomplish right now.
Late this afternoon, I asked Lori to jump in ME's room to help Judi and I with a little housekeeping item. Lori was not ME's nurse today but she willingly came in as she has a unique and special relationship with ME. While there, Lori was relating to us how she would talk with ME early on and encourage MaryEleanor think about where she would like to go when this is all behind her, like a warm climate with soft sand beaches.
Thank you Jimmy Buffet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ME sounds like she is exactly where she needs to be right now- among nurses/friends/caregivers who know her- and she is receiving the care and expertise that she needs. She's going to come out of this ready and raring to go and will continue to blow us all away with her hard work and perserverance. Hang in there Dave, this is just a bump in the road. Enjoy Kaitlin's visit!
Haha, I love the music references you use. Always the classics. I think a nice long trip for you two is well deserved, don't make this a plan that never happens. As soon as mama is ready and able, you two go where ever your hearts desire, you deserve it!
Post a Comment