Good Morning.
After an uneventful night last night, I was in to see her about 8:30am. Just as I had arrived the Critical Care Doctor, Dr. Menashe, was in to check in with her. All of her labs look good.
He wanted to "see what she could do"; but Mom rarely performs when told to do so. So we turned off her sedation just to wake her up a bit, and also turned off her breathing machine. We wanted to see how she could breathe on her own. She was, again, sluggish to respond. She is not in immediate danger to turn of the breathing machine. She still has Oxygen running through her. She did breathe slowly and deeply on her own. It took awhile, but she did it. The stress on her caused her brain pressure to increase, so we sedated her again to calm her back down. We turned the breathing machine back on for her. She calmed down quickly.
We are pleased with her small baby steps. Dr. Menashe thinks we should keep her quiet for another day. We understand this need to keep her resting, and minimize brain stimulation. We're anxious to see what Dr. Singel has to say, hopefully we'll see him around lunchtime.
Could be another quiet, patience filled day. But we're happy with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Knowing first hand what you are all going through tears are streaming down my face as I write. I just want you to know how much I love you and appreciate the friendship you have given me. M.E., I'm pulling for you with all my being.
Howard G
Post a Comment