Rhonda here.
Hello to all of M.E.'s friends and family. I will attempt to keep you abreast of the changes in M.E.'s condition on a daily basis (in concert with her "other half"...sorry Dave, but in the interest of full disclosure, I could not admit to "better half").
As all of you have observed, from near and far, this Whelan family (inclusive of Dave and M.E.'s individual families), is one amazing unit. They are so positive and loving to one another and all of us, even during this trying time. As I told Caitlin, M.E must be so proud, and I know that she feels loved.
Today was somewhat of a plateau day. There were no real changes in her neurological condition. All other systems are a "go". The next step is to move up one floor to the neuro unit (a regular nursing unit). This may take place as early as Wednesday, yet to be determined by her neurosurgeon (he has been on a short vacation for the past several days, so we have not seen him).
So, we wait for the consistent following of commands and for her to open those lids so we can bathe ourselves in her sea green eyes. Until then, we can continue to pray for M.E. (and family). Also, it does not hurt to pray for the health care team and the decisions that are yet to be made each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rhonda, thank you for stepping in for Caitlin - this is a great way for us (who feel helpless) to stay in touch and know what and how to pray. Please let me know when I can be of service to M.E., Dave, or you. You are all on my mind day and night. Hugs to all. Deb McCown
Post a Comment