As I know everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting to hear the news, and I know Dad is absolutely exhausted from a long hard day- just wanted to say: SHE'S BACK! Mom arrived to a very welcome and warm greeting this afternoon, and she was all grins to see her home and friends waiting for her. After a tornado of activity to get her into the house and settled (which I am sure took the entire afternoon and evening), Dad barely had time to sit down. He was in great spirits, however, and excited to have her so close--worth the effort! All sorts of visitors (nurses, rehab specialists) will be making their way out to the house in the next few days to see what will work for my parents. It may be a little chaotic (something this family does not do very well, but we are managing)... so I do not expect him to be able to post too often.
I encourage those of you able and willing in Yakima to stop by and visit Mom in the late afternoon or evening. I'm sure in a few weeks when she has a more organized schedule I can give you more information about times, etc, but for right now, she just loves the company, and Dad loves watching her enjoy the company!
Rehab specialists are always amazed at the amount of recovery that happens when someone is in their home environment- if these last few weeks are just previews...think of where we will be in a month or two!
As Dad said- back to the Sun (apparently it was sunny somewhere in Washington today- I had no idea!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome home! :) We heard on the news yesterday of a lock-down at the hospital due to a bank robber possibly taking refuge there. So we were hoping you made it out before that and were well on your way home! ~Love, Bill & JoAnn
Welcome home ME!! I'm so glad you are doing so well. I will let you get settled in and situated before making an appearance on the door step. :)
I was so pleased to hear about all the progress ME has made these past couple of weeks! I am glad you all made it back safely. Keep up the good work ME! Being home must feel just wonderful!
Post a Comment