Paul arrived early this morning from Bham. We both enjoyed a pleasant conversation with MaryEleanor. Paul caught her up on the goings on at school. ME's Mom and Charlie showed up mid morning for a very rewarding visit. Not only did ME's Mom finally have the opportunity to have a conversation with ME, she also lost a few hands of 21. ME shuffled the deck and played dealer for a few hands before throwing some beanbags at a few of us in the room.
With therapies completed and the room quiet, ME, Paul and I settled in for a serious nap. Paul's and mine were food induced, thanks to a visit to the Ram in "U"Village. ME's was from the workout with OT and talking all morning. Once we all decided to get up, I moved ME to her chair for a while. Paul and I busied ourselves with moving some of ME's "stuff" to my car. When we finished this major task, it was time to perform a bit of magic in ME's room.
Unless you are a patient, you never look at the ceiling. We noticed early on that many people who preceded ME, signed the ceiling. Just a name and the dates they were there. The oldest I found was 1987. Taking advantage of Paul's height, we drew the curtain closed. I tilted ME back in her chair and asked her to pick the spot where we sign her name.
Until the day the U remodels this wing, there will be a metal ceiling tile support the reads "ME IS LOVED...10/20 til 12/10, 2008.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go. Gotta leave your mark, but I don't think the staff will need reminding for quite some time. M.E. your up on the ceiling of fame.
Post a Comment