No apology for not posting last night. I was the guest of Caitlin and Dayton for dinner at one of the classic Capital Hill establishments. With finals this next week, Caitlin is jamming and cramming. It was great for the two of them to take a break and take me out.
Yesterday started out a bit quieter than Friday but no less rewarding. Diane and Charlie came down from Snohomish for a visit and a bite to eat. We allowed MaryEleanor a bit of a rest in the morning and made her comfortable in bed while we chatted away.
When we returned from lunch, Dayton was there. Our niece, Sarah, arrived from Olympia and off we went to the gym for ME's favorite exercise, the motomed. When a new speech therapist arrived for her session, she was prepared to work with ME with one of the alternative communication devises. ME calmly said, "well, we can if you want or we can just talk for a while".
The afternoon was spent carrying on many conversations. At one point, I left Sarah alone with ME. As I walked out of the room, I saw Sarah pull her chair up close to ME. All I could hear were two soft voices, catching up on many things. As always, ME was asking many questions about Sarah's life.
Elaine arrived a bit later for a lengthy visit. We caught up on the many things Elaine does to keep busy. Once we knew that ME was in the capable hands of her lead nurse, we said our good night's.
T-minus 4 and counting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment