I do believe we are ready for Christmas. The only thing missing is the safe arrival of Caitlin and Dayton from Seattle tomorrow. Our traditional crab feast is stowed away. Similar to Thanksgiving, Safeway was packed with people buying everything in sight. As I roamed the aisles for the first time in over four months, the holiday music was interrupted at times with a "clean up on aisle five" announcement. Waiting to check out, I actually heard people negotiating for a better place in line....crazy!
When I arrived home, Paul was slaving away, shoveling our last storm off the driveway. As I walked into the house from the garage, I glanced right to say hi to MaryEleanor. Her bed was empty. "She's gotta be up in her chair", I thought. I walked into the family room and saw her chair, empty. Around the corner I went and finally found ME sitting on the couch, chatting with Rhonda and her nurse. Wow, that was very cool.
ME had two therapists tag team her this morning for quite a workout. They conveniently left after getting ME situated on the couch. It was up to us to get her back to her chair and then back to her room for a much deserved nap. We were lucky that ME was wearing silk lounge pants as the transfers ended up being quite easy.
Paul and I have ME all to ourselves this evening. We'll share a few laughs and make the final preparations for tomorrow's festivities.
Paul, Caitlin, Dayton, MaryEleanor and I all wish you the best for a very Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Bob Guchee is one our team captains. He just finished his fund raiser. He raised $2,700 selling $10 tickets for a chance to win a very nice laptop computer. Thanks Bob!
The ladies of St Timothy's Episcopal Church raised $1,300 with a spaghetti feed. Thank you Elvie and Ruth!
Happy Holidays!
God bless you all on this special day. There is no greater gift than having family close on Christmas day. We're so happy that you will all be together. Enjoy the crab feast! Merry Christmas!
Love, Your East Coast cousins
Merry Christmas Whelan family! I wish you a day full of love, peace, serenity, and happiness.
Hugs ~ Merri
Post a Comment