US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pacific Standard Time!

Yesterday was just awesome! MaryEleanor cruised through the day, interacting with everyone who came in contact with her. She enjoyed another, lengthy shower and shampoo. I stepped up and shaved her legs. ME selected one of the outfits Diane bought her as the uniform of the day.

By the time ME was all spiffed up, it was noon. Recognizing she needed to rest a bit before a 1P therapy session, Paul(son) and I popped over to Aqua Verde for our traditional Saturday lunch. We returned just as speech therapy arrived, armed with many typed words on sheets of paper. The staff, and us, can use these as prompts when determining ME's needs. ME surprised the therapist by just reading them all, out loud!

Therapies done for the day, Paul and settled in for relaxing afternoon with ME/Mom. Reading, watching a little HGTV and taking power naps, perfect. Caitlin and Dayton showed up a bit later. We fired up ME's new laptop and showed her what this blog actually looks like. She seemed to understand it although she expressed her disgust with me forgetting her "cheaters" for reading. Luckily I had mine with me!

The four us slowly departed for the evening as we each had plans. Paul was headed over to the "Ave" to have a coffee with a dear friend from Yakima. Caitlin was making tracks for her dinner out with a recent grad from the U. I blew up I-5 for a great meal and chat with my siblings.

Set my alarm to get up at six this morning, silly me!

1 comment:

Mil's said...

ME, sounds like you're doing well! A few people asked me at church today how you are doing. I know you don't know any of them but they pray for you! I talked to Mom this a.m. & she was looking forward to her visit w/ you today. Elaine was going to pick her up. It'll be great to see you next Sunday. I'll bring some photos of the kids & new puppy. Love, Polly