Paul's mission last night was to keep me up past midnight. Congrats, Paul, on achieving your goal! As always, I beat his butt out of bed this morning, thus the early morning post today. Once we mainlined a bit of caffeine, we headed off to spend some quality time with MaryEleanor.
ME picked out her outfit for the day. Just as we finished getting her spruced up, ME's Mom and brother Charlie arrived. Paul and I decided to give them some "alone" time and went for a walk to the Montlake drawbridge. For you all not familiar with Seattle's geography, there is a sizable lake named Lake Washington. It is connected to Puget Sound by a series of canals, lakes and locks. Caitlin and Dayton were married at the Ballard Locks, the last step if you were traveling by boat from Lake Washington to points west.
Anyway, back to the bridge. It's a drawbridge to allow vessels, mainly blow boaters, to access both fresh and saltwater. It's fairly high, allowing a great view of the Montlake Cut, the venue for the U's crew team. Where are you going with this, Dave? Standing in the middle of the span, 60' up (I'm acrophobic) and as buses go across the bridge, it moves! Alot!
Back to MaryEleanor. Shortly after Paul headed back to Bham, Caitlin and Dayton showed up and helped me with a bit of housecleaning. Just like home, stuff shows up but nothing goes out. ME enjoyed another manicure from two of her favorites. Sweating bullets, literally, I got ME into her chair. I was being "graded" on what I did. Thank goodness I signed up for this course on a pass/fail basis. Before I left ME, a couple more in-laws popped in for a quick visit. Yet another spectacular weekend. So slow to arrive, too quick to be over.
A little something for each and everyone of you who read this blog to consider. When to four of us were together last night, I introduced a new topic of lengthy discussion. The five of us (Caitlin, Dayton, Paul, MaryEleanor and I) are really curious how many people are reading this blog. We have asked you in the past to post a comment to give ME an additional boost of energy. We have also heard frustration expressed from people who want to comment, but can't figure out how it works.
So......................MaryEleanor wants to know! There are two ways you can let ME know if you enjoy reading these updates. The first is to post a comment. If you are not comfortable doing this or, like many, can't make it work, send me an email. My (actually ME's) email address is mewhelanqpa@gmail.com. It will be very cool for me to tell ME next Thursday night that "X" number of people are touched.
Off to Judi and Rick's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay Dave I'm responding to your request. I read the blog daily and often times check it throughout the day for updates. I am hoping to come for another visit on the 9th providing ME is still on the West side. I have added your restaurant references to my list of new ones to try and have shared your footsteps in that I too have walked from the hospital to the Montlake bridge - beautiful on a sunny day, for another nice walk try taking a right and meander down by the Seattle Yaght Club - its fun! Prayers will continue from the Long house to the Whalen family, have a great week!
We read the blog every day, and totally understand when there isn't a post (but we do miss them) What a truly wonderful family you have! It will be great when the Yakima support team can show their support here in Yakima, and it's great that so many people are able to frequently make the trip to the U of W. Hugs, Nan & Tony
So glad you posted that Dave! WE who read the blog feel as though we are up to date on ME's progress but forget you don't know we are here! I think of you so often and look forward to updates both via cell and blog! I am hoping to come visit in the next week or two. Andy is in China til the 23rd. I am so glad you got some great family time in the park!!
I always try to keep up to date with how M.E. is doing. We miss her so much at work!
Lisa Moffitt
LeMaster Daniels
Hello everyone I hope I am not to late for your request. I try to read the blog everyday to keep up with all that's going on with ME and the rest of the family. However, lately it has been about 3times a week or so. I just wanted to let you know I think of you all often and love hearing the updates and progress ME is making. I am praying for ME's recovery it is a process and I enjoy hearing about everything as it goes. Take Care I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving together.
Post a Comment