US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock the VOTE

I hope everyone got out and voted today (or at least mailed in your absentee!); because no matter who you voted for, make sure yours is counted!
Ok, enough political rally. More important matters...
I saw Mom through the end of her therapies today- physical therapy, where she is working on holding herself in a sitting position and rocking her weight back and forth, every day she gets better/stronger! For those of you who know how "ballerina" like she is- she will get some more therapy for that as well--any one in need of a little fine-line lift? She will be having Botox injections (safe, paralyzes the muscle, just like the derms do in the face) to help relax her calf muscles so they can increase her range of motion. We need to keep rallying for her, and increase the visitation-if you can, especially during the week and evenings (weekends seem to be packed!) because the best way to support her is to be with her! She is so much more interactive now- you just have to see for yourself.

Which brings me to my final point: IF you visit, and have a great story, a sweet story, a funny story, etc PLEASE email it to me so I can share on the blog. This is Mom's story of recovery, and it should include more than Dad or my view on things, until my mom can snatch the laptop from my hands and write it herself- SO SHARE AWAY! You know she would! So as another example, I want to share a quick story from Diane from late last week. (my email: caitlinwhelan@gmail.com, yes I know it is my maiden name still)

"I took Aunt Inky to visit M.E. today. We had a very nice visit indeed! As soon as I got to her room I poked my head in the door to see if she was awake. She had an unhappy expression on her face and said to me, "Diane you are my life saver." Of course I was beaming with pride and then I immediately went over to turn down the radio and walked back to her. She quickly said, "that radio was way too loud." I'm sure she had turned on her call light before we got there to ask someone to turn it down and I just happened to appear at that moment. I think she would have told the janitor that he was her life saver if he had done the same thing."

No, Diane, its not just turning down the radio that makes you a life saver!

Have a great night, try to peel your eyes away from the TV set long enough to post a comment or send me an email with YOUR story!

3 comments:

Merri said...

I peeled my eyes away from the results...but I don't have a story!! But, I do have a surprise coming your way ME! We had the Tax Conference this week and a ton of your friends just happened to be gathered together. Hopefully if I can snag Dave before he heads back up there to see you I'll have something from all of us at LD.

We love and miss you ME!!

diane said...

Thank you Caitlin. . . I'll keep my stories coming. Maybe after my visit tomorrow I'll have another one to share. God bless you. Diane

Rhonda said...

Judi and I were with ME this past Monday. I was so thankful for the progress that she had made in the week plus since I had seen her. It was an emotional morning for sure as we three talked. Judi was there for much of the morning workout. ME is determined and working through the pain of physical therapy. She is pushing herself to the max every session. ME is a role model in so many respects.