US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Goosebumps!

What an unbelievable day! I know there will be days yet to come that top today but...............

Because of my clock issue, I arrived a bit after 7AM. Expecting to sneak in and quietly read for a bit, MaryEleanor was staring at me. "Tie your gown", something I have never done as I kinda like it to fall off the shoulder a bit, was her first of many orders. We talked up a storm all morning. ME made me slow down every so often as I was doing a core dump of information. It's been just over three months since we shared such a conversation.

ME picked out another Diane outfit to wear today after I complied with her "show me the neckline and does it button up the front" line of questions. Knowing she had a bit of therapy today and some potential visitors, MaryEleanor let us know she wanted to get into her chair. Caitlin and Dayton arrived with fresh flowers for the week. Don't worry, the "509'ers" flowers are still there! Fingernails were the project and Caitlin and Dayton delivered big time. When asked who did the best job, ME felt each finger and promptly pointed to Dayton! What kinda guy files your nails?

Early afternoon brought way too much estrogen into ME's room for me to handle. ME's quickie therapist for the day showed up, female. ME's Mom, Elaine, Ele and Ann Ledlie all arrived at the same time. I bailed! Caitlin graciously invited me over for a bowl of yummy, homemade chili and cornbread.

I returned when ME was settled in for the evening. We continued our conversation, taking breaks for naps and reading. Knowing that Dayton was going to pay yet another visit, I kissed the love of my life goodbye for a few days, feeling confident she is well cared for and loved by all who enter her room.

Two of her rocks from Yakivegas, Judi and Rhonda, will be with ME tomorrow, way cool!

I asked MaryEleanor tonight if she would like to go out with me.................you have to understand I am constantly courting her! Thirty plus years in the making and I am still nervous!

3 comments:

Dan said...

So what's the deal Dave? Did she say yes? Ha ha

Your a great guy Dave....the committment you show to your bride is an example to all. Please tell ME hi for me.

Dan K.

Merri said...

You're the best Dave...truly you are.

Keep up that hard work ME. Next time I see you I want to hear you tell me to slow down when I'm babbling to you too!!

Anonymous said...

Dear ME and Dave,

I've been keeping track of your progress regularly and it always makes my day to hear the improvements that keep occurring. I'm not too good at working the blog or I would have chimed in more often. Anyway, I love how my super tennis partner keeps surprising everyone ... she's still got the magic. You go ME! So glad you added music to your therapy...I know it has a power we can't see. And Dave, you broke the mold in husband terms!
Prayers Your Way! Love, Elsie