US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holiday Weekend? NOT!

Yesterday MaryEleanor had a great and much deserved day of rest. Paul and I only bugged her until shortly after noon before heading north. ME's only daily regimen we enforced was getting out of bed and into her chair. As far as I know, only her nurses interrupted ME throughout the remainder of the day.

Today was a completely different story. Three, one hour therapy sessions began promptly at 9:30. The first was PT. A good stretch in bed and then into her chair and off the gym for a little bit balancing. ME can now sit at the edge of a raised mat, balancing herself for six minutes. It is a sight to behold. I whisked ME back to her room for a brief respite before speech therapy began. ME's session today did have it's rewards as she slurped down some Gatorade and munched on some rasberry yogurt and applesauce. Time for a quick power nap before being whisked back to the gym for more stretching and strengthening exercises with ME's weekend OT.

Finally back in her room and comfortably in bed, MaryEleanor was just nodding off for a much deserved rest when Caitlin and Dayton arrived. The noise level went up a bit and ME just closed her eyes to soak it all in. When asked if she was hearing everything, a simple thumbs up without opening an eye was all we needed to continue our catch-up conversation.

Around 4P I decided to head back over to the Brassington bungalow to do a much needed post, a few emails and rest. I will join the Allens in a bit at their home. Just like ME, I need to build a list for my lists of things needed in Yakima to prepare for her arrival in 10 days!

No rest for MaryEleanor tomorrow. Another three hours of therapy is planned. She's in the mood to git 'er done.

Today felt kinda weird, all day. It wasn't until Paul (son) called me a bit ago from Bham that I realized what it was. Every Saturday since we have been at the U, Paul and I have had a chicken burrito and a Negro Modelo at Aqua Verde. Paul made the decision yesterday to return to Bham to concentrate on school. I'm sure when we show up there next Saturday, they will ask us where we were last weekend!

Peace!

1 comment:

diane said...

Dave and M.E.,
All sounds good. Wonderful progress. . . I'm excited about the yogurt and applesauce!! See you soon. Love, Diane