MaryEleanor has been speaking softly, mainly with hand gestures and using a letter board. Ever so often, ME's therapists push her a bit too far and she lets them know she's hurting. Whereas her therapists do not do this intentionally, there is a brief window to ask questions and get strong vocal answers. Vicki, ME's primary PT, takes advantage of these moments well. Yesterday while ME and Vicki were in the gym working out, Vicki asked ME if she was proud of what she was doing.
MaryEleanor enjoyed a chocolate milkshake this morning with speech therapy. Sucking through a long straw, she was in heaven. The goal of this exercise is to strengthen all of the muscles in her throat. AXO sister Ann was the assist with this treat. Diane showed up and then Caitlin arrived after her morning classes. While the three ladies enjoyed a nice chat, ME's nurse and I got ME dressed and ready to face the rest of her day. She cruised in her chair to the gym for a brief workout. Once relaxing back in her room, Diane and I split for a lunch date. Anytime I can get a lady to buy, I'm all over it!
I had to meet with a couple of people at the hospital today to line out ME's coming home on December 10th. By the time I got back to ME's room, her afternoon PT routine was just finishing. ME's evening nurse came and told us she would call the "lift" team to get me back into bed. I looked and the PT guy and he said he had never transferred someone, just assisted. "Lift team? We don't need no stinking lift team."
Been there, done that, looking forward to doing it again.
Look for a very special post tomorrow (hopefully) from a very special "guest poster".
ME loves you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment