Today was a day of praises. Dave caught wind of my plans to stop by and see M.E. tonight, so he forwarded me many of your emails. He asked me to print them, along with recent blog posts I had already planned on printing out, in order to read them to M.E. His repeated posts of asking for comments netted good results. I rode the bus from work carrying 14 pages to read to M.E! I tried to save trees by copying and pasting the emails into a word document, rather than printing off each email (and did the same with the blog). With the help of the bus zooming by the grid lock leading up to the 520 bridge, I was at the hospital in no time. Caitlin’s plans for this afternoon fell through and so she was in the room to greet me as I arrived. I said hi to Mrs. Whelan and Mrs. Allen and set to with the reading. First I read the latest few blog entries (and comments) to preface the emails. Then, Caitlin and I took turns reading an email at a time. By the way, they were very nice. A lot of the people I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet, but the comments were very touching. If I had known them, they would have hit even closer to home for me, I am sure.
One of the people we heard from and very much enjoyed reading was Caitlin’s old boss at Western, Lisa. It made me realize how long it has been since we have been to Bham and seen everyone. So let me take this time to say “Hey Bham. We are not lost, nor forgotten (just a little busy). However, the Allens will grace Bellingham with their presence once again and hopefully sooner than later. But no promises, as of yet. We miss you all and look forward to catching up when we get the chance. You know who you are. “ Back to the task at hand. The comments and emails were awesome, but it does not mean that you can slack off. M.E. can’t slack off and neither can you! Keep um comin!
After the readings, M.E. had her new leg splints taken off to give her a chance to relax. Her feet had a couple “pink marks”, but are looking much better. All the “worried spots” are now looking great. The new splints are very interesting looking. They are more bionic looking than the old cast ones. It’s hard to get a correct image in your head until you actually see an image. But they are very cool. Caitlin and I did some arm exercises with M.E. to get her working and loosened up a bit. She seemed pretty exhausted, so we told her “Give us 10 more minutes and then we will leave you alone.” We poked and prodded her with questions, chatter, and movements well past our promised 10 minutes. We then said our goodbyes and goodnights to head home.
Dave will fill you in more tomorra. Goodnight!
-Daytona
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey,
14 pages is pretty darn impressive!
I bet M.E. enjoys all the "gossip."
The "Mrs. Whelan and Mrs. Allen" threw me for a minute. I'm a little slow on the uptake!!! Great work on the blog Dayton and Caitlin. Good info shared with all!
Maybe I'll see you friday. Diane
Thanks Dayton and Caitlin for sharin all our messages to ME. We are all pulling for you ME, keep up the hard work!
Much love from Yakivegas
Hi M.E.,
I'm so glad that Dave and everyone else is keeping us updated on your recovery. You are a true inspiration in your courage, determination, and love in the road to recovery.
Keep up all the great work you're doing. Your family is awesome.I miss your smile at the club.
Please know that we are all sending you lots of positive healing vibes all the way from Yakima.
With admiration,
Margaret
I love reading the blog. I only get to read about once a week. It helps me feel like I get to talk to her like our every five week chat at the salon. I think about you everyday. I miss you dearly.
Melissa
Post a Comment