No apologies for the lack of a post last night. Caitlin, Dayton, Paul and I spent the evening together in Madison Park. It has been too long since we were all together. We talked, laughed, ate and laughed some more. It was almost perfect.
MaryEleanor spent most of yesterday morning working with her weekend therapists. I stopped on my way to the U and picked a little surprise for ME. Part of ME's speech therapy sessions is retraining her to "eat". Simple for us, complex for her. We instinctively swallow when we take a sip of coffee. ME is doing well with this task and on Friday I asked if ME could try something with a bit more flavor than water. She enjoyed several mouthfuls of her favorite, a blended mocha.
As always, ME's therapists and nurses put me to work. I transferred ME twice yesterday, once from her bed to her chair and later back to her bed. I was asked to instruct them on what I was doing and then how they could assist me with this task. ME was probably the most relaxed person in the room when this happened.
Paul arrived just in time to watch me get his Mom into her chair. We spent the day together with ME, chatting and participating in ME activities. While the two of them shared time together watching "Dirty Jobs" and napping, I did laundry.
All in all, it was another great day. The only thing that kept last night from being perfect was the lack of ME's/Mom's company. The folks at the U are doing their best to correct this. We're tracking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it's hard to do justice to this weekend in a short post, but you nailed it. It was a hoot, great family time. Can't wait for next weekend to come, it's always an adventure.
paz, amor y respecto
Your posts lift me up!! Love you all, Diane
Your family is in our prayers and constant thoughts, God Bless You! M.E. you are an inspiration to all of us. The Cote's (Christine, David, Aly & Mike).
Post a Comment