US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Afterglow!

Warm thoughts are still lingering from the social event of the winter season last Saturday night. The Valentine's Day dinner party was the main topic of discussion throughout the week. ME took the time to show each of her therapists pictures from the party. Nan visited twice this week. On Monday she not only brought a cd with pictures but also Tony's camera. Paul helped me upload all 130 pictures!

Monday was also wheelchair demo day. Teresa, ME's OT, is a wheelchair expert. She arranged to have a factory rep meet us with several mock-ups of what she believed would work for ME. The current loaner chair ME uses is a 500 pound beast of a power chair that can not only tilt but also go up and down which does make transferring ME easier. The chair that ME decided on weighs a mere 12 pounds! It can be fitted with power assist wheels for those long walks we'll take come Spring. MaryEleanor tried out a manual version of the chair and took off around the house on her own.

The remainder of the week was filled with therapies, visits from friends and a daily stroll outside to get the mail. I know I keep repeating myself when I say MaryEleanor continues to grow stronger, but it's true. Her upper body strength has improved to the point where she can transfer herself with little or no assistance.

Once ME gets her new chair, there will be nothing standing in our way of getting out of the house. We can't wait.

1 comment:

Mary Stephen said...

This is so exciting hear. I go for walks myself so I know how wonderful they are and the fresh air and sunshine is very refreshing and the vitamin D is also beneficial! I am very excited for ME to get this opportunity it will help her even more both physically and mentally!