Wow! What a day! Capped off by an exciting evening!
MaryEleanor and I woke early in anticipation of the day's activities leading up to a very social evening. I surprised her with a dozen red roses at the foot of her bed, along with a card. Together, we worked on the list of tasks and items to pack for ME's little surprise for a group of friends.
ME's RN from Rehab Without Walls arrived mid-morning and helped me give MaryEleanor the shower, shampoo and conditioner treatment. Caitlin and Dayton showed up around noon and quickly jumped into the planning process. Dayton helped with logistics while Caitlin worked on the glam. Paul called, sicker than a dog, so we agreed he should sleep it off and come home a day later. With everything assembled, we all took naps.
Around 5PM, it was show time. ME was up in her chair, wearing a very festive red sweater. Caitlin took care of curling ME's hair, applying makeup and some bling bling. Promptly at 6PM, ME's "taxi" arrived and off we went, heading for Judi and Rick's home. They, along with Nan and Tony and many other helpers, were hosting an intimate dinner party for 50 people, raising a significant amount of money for ME's benevolent account.
MaryEleanor popped through the front door with the biggest smile on her face, ever! She presented Judi with some roses and then proceeded to do what she always does at a party, mingle. Cameras were flashing like crazy as ME took the time to talk with each guest/friend. You see, just about everyone there were fellow tennis players. Whereas they all thought I would make an appearance on ME's behalf, no one suspected ME would be there in person.
Once ME felt confident she had talked with everyone, she summoned her chariot for the ride home. Her voice was but whisper by the time we got her settled in for the night. She was still glowing from the experience of it all. Our thanks go out to everyone involved with making this Valentine's Day one for the record books.
One special lady enjoyed a very special evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds like everyone had a ball!!
Pure enjoyment. . . perfect.
I'd love to see the pictures when
I see you next. Love, Diane
We were thinking about you all last night, hoping that everything was a "go" as planned. Glad you were able to keep it a secret & make it that much more fun...ME, I'm sure you looked gorgeous! Can't wait to see some photos. Love, Polly
Wow, I wish I could have been there! Sounds like it was a great party and a fun time for everyone! I am so excited to come visit again in March. Hi again to M.E. - I'll see you soon. Love, Olivia
That's awesome! I know, I've been MIA for awhile but I've been reading just not commenting. This IS the week that Susanne and I will be coming to visit! It's been tough to get away, but it's a priority now. I'll call first and see what day is good. We can't wait to see you and give you all the updates on the office.
Hugs ~ Merri
We are so happy and inspired by ME's progress and spirit and Dave by your unwavering devotion to ME. What a truly special Valentine's Day. We wish we lived closer to share in her road to recovery but will continue to follow ME's progress via blog. Judy does a wonderful job keeping me up to speed. We would love to get a visit in when we're in the area again. What a wonderful fund raiser and I can't think of a more appropriate way to share friendship and support to such a lovely couple! Blessings always,
Mary and Paul
Good news again this is great to hear it sounds like you all had a great time! I am sorry Paul was under the weather! I am sure ME looked fabulous! I hope you will post some pictures I too would love to see some photos. Keep on keeping on! :-)
Sounds like you had a full day with lots of love and activities. You are very blessed to have such a wonderful support group of family and friends all around you. Really pleased to see you using your lap quilt, ME. :) Your blog is so inspiring.....keep up the fantastic work, girl!
Take care,
Diane Allen
Post a Comment