US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Two Posts Today!

Since we have been home, I've been lucky to post once a week. Today was such a great day with MaryEleanor, I had to double dip. She is sitting right behind me watching HGTV in the family room.

Around noon today, ME and I got her into her chair for our team meeting. By the time ME arrived in the family room, most everyone was there. The night crew were pleasantly surprised to see a different MaryEleanor. When they arrive each evening, ME is done for the day and sound asleep. Once everyone was together, ME took over. "I want us to go around the room, introduce ourselves and talk about themselves and I will start." She proceeded to provide an excellent account of her diagnosis, planned procedure and the trauma. She was concise in the describing her personal goals to return to work and the tennis court. She was quite animated, waving her arms over her head when it came time to talk about tennis.

We met for an hour. ME asked several people specific questions about her care and what she expects from her team of caregivers. We discussed the therapies and their goals for MaryEleanor. ME freely expressed her opinion on how things are progressing, from her perspective. "The Team" left with warm feelings, ready to do whatever it takes to achieve ME's goals.

After an afternoon of resting, ME told me she wanted to get up again and have dinner with me in the kitchen....so here we are. Sunday is our day to kick back, relax and enjoy each other. It's also to day before I need to go to work and miss the next cool thing.

I had an email exchange with ME's attending physician at the U. I popped him a quick note with an update on ME's recovery. He replied saying he is a loyal reader of the blog and promised to report to the rest of the rehab staff tomorrow.

The best thing about Monday is you are one day closer to the weekend. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Mil's said...

I wish I could have been there at the team meeting but I appreciate the great detail Dave. I chuckled ME when I read about you using your hands when talking. You know us Raines girls always talk with our hands! Love, Polly. P.S. Our pastor said a very nice prayer of thanksgiving yesterday, for your continued recovery. Did you feel the good vibes coming your way about 10:30am?