US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Aussie Open

Mornin' all,

Woke up this morning to a skiff of new snow. We actually were treated to a little blue sky and sun yesterday. It was refreshing as we have been stuck with a temperature inversion for close to three weeks. The impact of this on us in the valley is gray skies with temps not changing more than 5 degrees throughout the day/night. It gets to you after a while.

MaryEleanor continues to do what she does best, inspire and amaze. Polly and I have a new routine working with ME. Every evening we get ME up in her chair. She then drives herself out to our family room and watches the Australian Open while we have dinner and chat about the day. ME does not hesitate to provide input and opinions on the topics we discuss. At about the three hour mark, ME is ready to retire for the evening.

Transferring ME to and from her chair has become quite easy. As ME's strength increases, her ability to assist us also increases. Sore backs are no longer an issue.

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi M.E.,
Its Jamie from Rehab Without Walls. I just wanted to let you know how impressed we all are with your dedication to recovery and hard work. You are doing amazing in therapy and show remarkable improvements each week! I cant wait to see you next week...keep it up!

Unknown said...

Hey ME and DaveBoy..you both have been in our thoughts so much lately because we made it to the Inauguration!!..it was a small intimate affair! We went to the swearing-in but had a ticket to a closer reserved spot that became the ticket to nowhere..at least we didn't get stuck in the 3rd Street tunnel..when we all went for Clinton's it wasn't as crowded and we had a prime spot for the parade thanks to ME..we never saw the parade because you couldn't get over there after the swearing-in because there were so many people..but we did hear the speech and thankfully Michelle Obama wore yellow so we knew where to look!.. better when we went with you..ME organized us well and used all those good Girl Scout skills!...glad to know you are progressing daily and getting back to your "old" (new!!) self..we love you and think of you often and read the blog every day!..love, Bob.com and Susana

corrine said...

I was so touched when I read your post of 1/21. Thank you so much for the dedication! Like Bob.com, I check your post every day and then share it with Bill and the rest of the "East Coast Cousins." It is heartwarming--on so many levels.I chuckled when you wrote about the "skiff" of snow. As you've certainly heard, we've had a ton of it this winter as well. And more to come tomorrow! I had a friend in college who used to frequently lament, "When will MY spring come??!" And she meant THAT on many different levels! I'll identify with the literal one at this point--not soon enough! Looking forward to your next entry! Keep plugging and improving, ME! God bless.
Love, Corrine

Unknown said...

Hi ME,
We are all thinking of you at LD. I keep reading about your amazing recovery. I need to visit you soon so I can marvel first hand. Busy season is fully underway now. You probably heard that Abby has moved on. Everything seems to be going well here. Kristi and the team are doing their best to fill your shoes. We had our annual BBQ ribs flown in from Nashville for our first Saturday work day. It was yummy. I'm glad you have so many friends and family cheering you on. David M.