I must report to everyone that MaryEleanor and I sincerely appreciate every one's love and support. The "Whelan" clan, including my Mom's side of the family, have been relentless in supporting us. ME and I both thoroughly enjoy seeing comments from the "east coast"!
One of the nurses caring for ME had to return to school this week. She will be missed. While I was sweating finding a replacement, ME's sister Polly stepped up and agreed to spend a month with us. Polly is a RN! She arrived this past weekend with most of her family in tow. We've had a few days to get into a routine before she stands solo guard for a few days. With Polly here, we can take a breath and conduct a thorough search for a replacement. Caitlin is taking the lead on this.
Sadly, ME and I had to say "see you later" to Paul on Monday. Back to school the hard way. The direct route across the Cascades was closed due to snow, forcing Paul to take a three hour detour to Bham. Thankfully he had company on the trip, a friend's younger sis who is a freshman at WWU.
What about ME? She continues to amaze us with her increasing strength and interaction. She is a wonder. ME is now enjoying showers twice a week. Easy for her, a challenge for those who deliver this treat. ME is willing to try new techniques to assist her caregivers. Polly and I tried a new way to reposition her this evening which will make Polly's role easier.
So, thanks to all for your support, we continue to track. Keep it coming, it's still working!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very well written Dad. To all who read this there is a noticeable improvement in Mom's strength, mobility, and sense of humor. After 4 weeks of being home her progression is absolutely stunning. The good vibes and thoughts are accelerating her tenacious rehabilitation, in addition to having Dad so close.
I was lucky enough to witness this for 3 weeks. In all honesty, the love from everyone who steps into that house and the support for her across the nation is truly working.
paz, amor y respecto
I spent an awesome morning at the W4 Ranch, saw how well ME assists in the transfer from her chair to the bed, but the highlight was seeing her roll a strike on WII Bowling. Can't wait to visit again next week! It's wonderful getting to know Polly, too. Such an amazing family! Hugs, Nan
Post a Comment